Lopez Community Land Trust
Mithun partnered with the Lopez Community Land Trust to create Common Ground —economically, environmentally and socially sustainable affordable residences. The homes aim to achieve net-zero energy consumption on an annual basis by significantly reducing their environmental impact through passive solar design principles and on-site, renewable energy sources.
The project includes an office building that houses the Land Trust headquarters and demonstrates the many high performance design concepts applied throughout the project. This resource-efficient community provides an opportunity for sustainable lifestyles and perpetual affordability for the residents.
- AIA Seattle, What Makes it Green Award, Honorable Mention
- Pacific Coast Builders Conference (PCBC), Gold Nugget Award: Green Sustainable Community of the Year
- AIA COTE, What Makes it Green Award, Top 10 Green Projects
- Take Care: Net-zero Solutions Set Up an Affordable Housing Community for Long-Term Success
GreenSource: The Magazine of Sustainable Design
- Client: Lopez Community Land Trust
- Start: 2009
- Size: 7 ac, 11 single-family homes, office, and SRO building
- Location: Lopez Island, Washington