Coeur d’Alene Tribe Resort Expansion
The Coeur d’Alene Tribe’s respect for their land and people is reflected in the transformational sustainable design that has redefined their resort and casino. Located in Idaho’s panhandle, the property first opened in March 1993. The latest LEED® Gold expansion, a $75 million resort includes a four star hotel, spa, two new restaurants and a “skycatcher” serving as a lobby and site connector. The new design:
- Redefines the resort’s image through multiple venues for dining, wellness and entertainment, all with an honest use of materials inspired by the surrounding Palouse Prairie and forests of Northern Idaho.
- Encourages guests to interact with the site’s unique landscape through sensitive infrastructure improvements, including a new entry road, interpretive trails, amphitheater, outdoor fireplace and outdoor dining.
- Reflects the Tribe’s commitment to reducing the impact of buildings on the natural environment and improving occupants’ health and well-being.
2011 NAIOP Night of the Stars, Hospitality Finalist
2011 IIDA Northern Pacific Chapter INawards, Hospitality – Best of Competition
2012 ASLA Washington Chapter, Professional Awards, General Design Merit Award
- Client: Coeur d’Alene Tribe
- Size: 170,000 sf, including 98-room hotel, spa, fine dining and pub
- Location: Worley, Idaho